The Scioto Valley chapter of the 99s will once again offer a Right Seat Companion seminar on September 10 and 11, 2016 at the Madison County Airport (UYF), London, Ohio. Class size is limited to 10 so be sure to register by the August 31 deadline. More details about the seminar are on the RSC page. For questions and to receive a registration form, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From Paula Rumbaugh-
From left to right: Paula Rumbaugh, Mary Biller, Vicki Evans, JoAnn Prater, Jann Bowne, Christine Mortine.
A flyout to Port Clinton scheduled in April had to be canceled due to weather, but we’ll pick that up this summer. In the meantime, three aircraft and six SV 99s flew together to Raton, NM. Our destination was the beautiful Casa del Gavilan, near Cimarron, invited there for a long weekend by 99 JoAnn Prater and 49-1/2 husband, Jim. All three aircraft spent the first night heading to Raton, near Wichita, KS, the guests of Stearman Field (1K1) (see photo). On the return trip, two of the aircraft (Cessna 180 and Cessna 182) were able to make it back to Columbus in one day, despite the challenge of the stormy weather covering the Midwest, north to south. The third aircraft, a smaller and slower ship (Grumman Traveler), also made it to the other side of the stormy weather and spent the night in Decatur, well east of the storm.
On June 8, the Scioto Valley 99s installed new officers for 2016-2017. They are:
Vicki Evans, vice-chairman; Christine Mortine, chairman; Jann Bowne, treasurer; Mary Biller, secretary.
L-R: Vicki Evans, Christine Mortine, Jann Bowne, Mary Biller
It’s time to re-enroll for the new year of Kroger Community Rewards. Participants need to re-enroll in the month of April in order to continue contributing to your organization through the May 1st 2016 to April 30th 2017 year.
For a participant to re-enroll their card they simply go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com
· Click “sign-in”
· Put in their email address and password that they used to enroll their card.
· Click on participants name at the top right, scroll to the bottom for Community Rewards.
· Put in the group number or part of the name of the organization. (Scioto Valley 99s group number is 73505.)
· Choose the correct organization.
· Click Enroll.
You are now enrolled for the May 1st 2016 to April 30th 2017 year of Kroger Community Rewards.
If you are having an issue with your password and or email address please 1-800-KROGERS, press 5 for customer service, press 5 to speak to a customer service representative.
If it’s the first time they are registering, the member will need to set up their account first.
· For a member to enroll their card the simply go to www.krogercommunityrewards.com
· Click “create an account”
· Put in their email address and password. Confirm their password
· Enter plus card OR alt ID number
· Go to Community Rewards (near bottom)
· Follow through the steps. (Name, address, etc.)
· Put in the group number or part of the name of the organization.
· Choose the correct organization.
· Click Enroll.
Richard Barrett, author of Aviation in Columbus, was the guest speaker at our April 13 meeting. He shared an overview of Columbus aviation history, beginning with balloon flights in the mid-1800s, illustrated by examples of postcards and other materials from his personal collection.
Mr Barrett is one of the curators of “Reaching for the Sky: The History of Columbus Aviation,” a Columbus Historical Society exhibit recently ended at COSI Columbus.
Richard Barrett at the April 13, 2016 meeting.
Congratulations to Stephanie Brunni (left) for winning the 2016 Alice Jackson Scholarship to complete her private pilot license. This scholarship was established to honor the memory of chapter member Alice Jackson, Ohio’s first woman balloon pilot.
One (1) The Alice Jackson Scholarship is awarded to a woman seeking any pilot training, including balloon, initial flight training, or an advanced rating. This scholarship was established to honor the memory of chapter member Alice Jackson, Ohio’s first woman balloon pilot.
ALICE JACKSON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEB 15th, 2016
Two (2) $500 Checkride Scholarships will be awarded to women candidates seeking financial assistance for a checkride.
Further Qualifications, Questions and Application:
Mary Biller at email@example.com 614-946-3029 or
Christine Mortine firstname.lastname@example.org 614-205-3129
The Scioto Valley Ninety-Nines is an Ohio Chapter and part of The Ninety-Nines, Inc., The International Organization of Women Pilots.
Check our events calendar for the upcoming showing of “Living in the Age of Airplanes” and our January meeting featuring guest speaker Doug Hammon of KOSU.
Members and family and friends, don’t forget to register your Kroger Rewards Plus card with our Non-profit Organization Number 73505! We will receive from Kroger 1% of your purchase every time you shop at Kroger and swipe your card. Here are the instructions:
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
1. Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
2. Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
3. If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
4. Click on Sign In/Register
Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
5. Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
6. Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
7. Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
8. Update or confirm your information.
9. Enter NPO number(73505) or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 877-576-7587 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The November 11th monthly meeting of the Scioto Valley Chapter of the 99s will be held at The OSU Administration building at 7:00 pm Wednesday. Prior to the meeting for those interested, we will meet at Chile Verde 6:00 pm. The restaurant is located at the corner of Sawmill and Bethel Roads, in the Carriage Place Shopping Center, 4852 Sawmill Road, 614.442.6630.
Hostess Paula Hook has planned for Doug Hammond, OSU’s Airport Director, to be our guest speaker. He will be speaking prior to our business meeting on: 1) issues facing the airport, 2) history of the airport, and 3) how the airport fits in to the University’s mission. Let’s have a good turn-out for our guest, so please plan to attend.